Thursday 5 July 2018

On The Thames

Thursday 5th July
On Monday morning we left our mooring at 7.30am and headed for Claydon locks, another lovely days cruising and when we got to Banbury we moored close to the Spiceball country park. I took Jaz for a walk in the park but it was too hot to take her far, there were quite a few boats as usual moored in Banbury, we didn't stay long we left Jaz in the boat and had a walk into the town but didn't want to leave her too long in the boat. We weren't gone too long and when we got back we opened all the windows and doors to let the air in and then we set off and I got off the boat to open the lift bridge to let Kev through and then set the lock for him. We stopped again at bridge 168 so I could pop over to Morrisons for some shopping, Kev also wanted to get some beer so he went with me. Once Kev had got the beer he went back to the boat and waited with Jaz for me to get back with the food shopping, I unpacked the shopping while Kev let go and we cruised until we were at bridge 172 and we pulled over and moored. The rest of this blog is just in photos as there isn't much to say about our journey so far, the weather is absolutely incredible. I will say that we are disappointed with the state of the Oxford canal as it is very over grown and due to the dry weather very shallow in some of the pounds towards Dukes cut.














Who Is this
Maffi at Lower Heyford
My maiden name!!



Kings lock, first lock on the Thames.
Moored opposite this!
We pulled over before Godstow bridge as we had something round the prop and we decided to stay here. I put a wash on and after it had finished and I had hung it up we had a walk over Godstow bridge to Lower Wolvercote and stopped for a beer at Jacobs Inn.


No comments:

Post a Comment