Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Meeting up with the Roosters

Tuesday 9th May
On Saturday morning we moved from our mooring at Wheaton Aston, through the bridge across the canal to fill up with fuel from Turners, 58.9 per litre. Once we were done we headed off along the canal until we got to bridge 30 where our friends Pam & Terry on Nb Roosters Rest were moored, Terry had seen us coming and came to help Kev tie up. It was lovely to see them both and once were all secured we went on board Roosters Rest for a cuppa and a catch up! After we had finished chatting and had a bite to eat Kev & Terry took Jaz for a walk to the Boat Inn at Gnosall while Pam & I had a few glasses of wine.
Sunday was lovely and we all sat out on the towpath with a few drinks in the sunshine.
on Monday morning both boats left the moorings to move the short distance to the moorings at bridge 34 close to the Boat Inn. I had a walk with Pam & Terry to the shop for a few groceries and then we all sat aboard Rock & Roll for a cuppa , then about 5pm Kev & Terry walked to the fish shop and I must admit the fish & chips were very good.
Proof, we were drinking tea, at one point anyway!
This morning we said our goodbyes to Pam & Terry and we left Gnosall at about 9.40 am, Pam had an appointment to have her hair cut & blow-dried at the hairdressers in Gnosall so they were staying but we wanted to get on our way as we want to be in Nantwich for Friday as Kev has to get a train to Bristol to go to a party for Colette & Ryan. It is for all the friends & relatives who weren't able to be at their wedding. I am not going as I will stay with Jaz on board R&R, and Kev will be back on Sunday.
It was quite a cold start to today and both Kev & myself had our coats on as we travelled along the canal, when we arrived at Norbury Wharf the mooring for the water point was empty so we decided to top up the water tank and get rid of rubbish etc. By the time we got through bridge 47 we pulled over and stopped for a bite to eat and then we carried on to Tyrely Locks.
We decide that we would carry on and do the locks at Adderley and as we were in the first lock there was home made produce for sale, so we bought some sausages, pork pie & half a dozen bread cakes and left the money in the honesty box. Once we were down the last lock we moored for the night. I got the camera & took the memory card out to download the photos but there wasn't any to download, so I don't know what had happened so I didn't have any photos apart from the ones on my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment