Tuesday, 31 July 2018

A Birthday & more family join us.

Tuesday 31st July
We had a nice couple of days with Colette & Joe at Pangbourne, although the weather wasn't very good we still managed to go for a walk into the village on Saturday afternoon and then we went to the Swan pub in the evening for a lovely meal.
Colette, Joe & Kev.
It was raining on Sunday morning when we got up but not very heavy. After breakfast Colette & Joe were ready to leave, it was  about 8 am but they needed to get home to Bristol as Joe works in the PDSA charity shop on a Sunday from 11 am. Kev took Jaz and walked with Colette & Joe to the carpark where Colette's car was  parked where he said bye to them and when he got back to the boat we got on our way.
When we got to Goring lock we were able to get rid of all our rubbish which was quite a bit after the weekend! Then when we got to Cleeve lock we filled our water tank. Not too many boats on the move with it raining and when we got to Wallingford we moored on the visitor moorings next to the open air swimming pool and there were people swimming there too! Yesterday morning we were on our way at 7.30 am and our first lock was Benson lock, as it was early it was on self service. We needed to empty our cassettes so when we got to the landing before Days Lock Kev sorted the cassettes while I let Jaz stretch her legs & have a pee, Kev had to lift her off the boat and carry her off the landing as it was grating and she can't walk on it properly. All done we headed for Days Lock where the lock keeper saw us and opened the gates. It was Kevs birthday yesterday and so we wanted to get moored at Abingdon so I could get a nice bottle of red for the evening. We moored opposite the open air swimming pool at Abingdon, seems to be quite a few of these about. We took Jaz with us for a walk to Waitrose although Kev took her into the park while I went into the store. A nice quiet evening with a nice bottle of wine, cheese, pate, and crackers very nice too.
This morning I had put a wash on before we left Abingdon and once it had finished just after 9am we let go and headed for the lock. We stopped to top up our water above the lock, although there is a water point at Kings lock we will probably top up again when we get to Thrupp on the Oxford canal.
Moored for water above Abingdon lock.
Once our water tank was full we left and while Kev was on the tiller I was down below doing all the ironing, I had finished it by the time we got to Sandford lock. After leaving Sandford lock  we hadn't gone far when we saw WB Still Rockin moored so we slowed down pipped our horn and went slowly alongside of them but nobody at home. We didn't stay as we wanted to get to Godstow for the night and we will be off the Thames tomorrow as we want to be at Fenny Compton for Friday. 

1 comment:

  1. We wouldn't have been far away, so sorry we missed you. Enjoy the rest of your summer cruising. xx