Saturday, 4 June 2016

A right Royal mooring.

Saturday 4th June
On Tuesday night Kev & I went aboard Still Rockin for a few glasses of wine with George & Carol, while the lads stayed on R&R with Jaz. We had a lovely evening chatting, drinking & having some nibbles thanks Carol & George for your good company.

The view from behind Still Rockin
Waiting to leave Teddington Lock moorings
On Wednesday morning we left about 10am following Still Rockin, when we got to Kingston Upon Thames we moored a few boats ahead of Still Rockin. Carol was going for some retail therapy so I went with her while Kev stayed behind with Jaz and the lads did their own thing too. The weather hasn't been very good so I felt a bit sorry for Sam & Will, but they enjoyed themselves I think!
On Thursday morning we decided to head off to Hampton Court, while George & Carol stayed put as they were expecting company. 
2 Happy crew members!
Will having a go at steering!

Passing an odd looking boat.
There is a strange summer house over there. Its round!
When we got moored outside Hampton Court Kev decided to check the weed hatch and found this....

Once Kev had finished clearing the weed hatch etc he took Jaz for a walk and then we had a bite to eat. We asked the lads if they wanted to go round Hampton Court or would they rather go for a wander around the town. They chose to go off on their own and so we went for a look at Hampton Court.
One of 3 kitchens
A real fire roasting 2 joints of beef.
Plenty of wine could be stored down here!

We took loads of photos but too many to put on the blog, it was well worth the visit and we managed to get a concession of £2 each off the entry fee! Well we are of that age! We found it quite funny.
Yesterday morning Still Rockin came past, they were going up Molesey Lock to the water point and then were coming back down to moor with us.

Our mooring at Hampton Court
Carol took the above photo as they were passing yesterday. Sam & Will were leaving yesterday morning and Kev walked to the train station with them to see them onto the 10.20 am train back to St Pancras, where they would get their train home. When George & Carol came back down the lock they managed to moor a few boats behind us.
Carol and I went into the town to the Tesco for a few bits of shopping, we had a good browse round the Emporium too. Last night George, Carol & Molly came aboard so we could repay their hospitality with some wine & nibbles. Another lovely night.

1 comment: